It is hard to predict how a move will affect employees since all are different and are affected differently.
It is very important therefore to communicate the changes that are coming as soon as they are known and to involve employees in discussions. This gives employees time to adjust to the changes and also to plan their personal action plan and how things will affect them.
Most companies make the decision to move because it's best for their bottom line; this is what companies must do to ensure their viability. However, it doesn't mean that employee needs shouldn't be considered.
* Let employees know where the new office will be located and what kind of changes to their daily commute this might entail.
* If there are issues, bring these forward to the affected employees to let them know their options, whether that's helping out with transit fees or parking space.
* If possible, allow those employees affected by the move, to have a more flexible schedule.
* Let employees know if there will be a change in parking space and if they'll have parking paid. Ask employees ahead of time what they require so you can try to provide enough parking for everyone who requires it.
Communicating with employees on a regular basis about the move is the key.
* As soon as you can, let employees know about the move. You should try to give them enough time to ensure that the new location will work for them, so they can get used to the idea of moving and make the right decisions for themselves.
* In return, provide employees with a feedback form that they can submit either anonymously or with their name attached. Allow employees the opportunity to express their concerns, put forward questions and ensure that there's sufficient time set aside for company-wide meetings.
Once you know where the company is moving to, what the new space will look like and a time frame established, it's a good idea to have employees get more involved in the move.
* Ask staff their opinion on how the new office space will work, how things could be set up for efficiency, staff enjoyment and overall working environment.
* Find out if there are things about the current (old) office that didn't work and that might be improved in the new space.
* If your company has decided to re-brand as part of the move, ask employees to contribute their opinion to the new company look.
* Create an information package about the new neighborhood. If your company has been located in one place for a while, employees will have their favorite eating spots, coffee shops and business-related services nearby. To help with the transition, create a list of local businesses that are in the new neighborhood, including restaurants, cafes, gyms, day care centers, dry cleaners and grocery stores.
What about employees' rights? How does it affect them and their families? Is it against their contract to be expected to relocate to a new city? Does the company have to pay relocation costs/help find new accommodation?
If your employer moves the location of your office your rights and commitments depends on the terms of your contract of employment. Some contracts can contain a mobility clause which can require you to move with the office. If your contract contains a mobility clause then your employers usually have the power to force you to move according the limitations allowed in the clause. If the relocation causes you little extra logistical effort then it would most likely be unreasonable to refuse to move. However, if it involves a complicated or long journey or it affects personal matters such as your children's education or your family circumstances it would be allowable for you to refuse.
However, if there is no mobility clause in your contract and you do not want to move then your employer has the right to make you redundant. He can only make you redundant if the job at your current offices no longer exists or he has offered you an alternative but you refuse the job because it is unsuitable for you.
ABOUT 360 OFFICE MOVING
360 moving is a Vancouver moving company that has successfully performed office moves in Vancouver from small moves to moving equipment for large corporations. Corporate moves can arranged for evenings or weekends to accommodate your business needs. Each office move will be assigned to an office relocation specialist to ensure the move progresses efficiently and in an orderly fashion. Removable labels can be supplied, to organize the office move to the new location
They handle everything from office equipment, furniture, laboratories, data centers, machinery, electronics, store fixtures and general commodities. Whether your shipment is boxed, crated, pad-wrapped or palletized, they have the experience and equipment to handle your move.
|A Virtual Office To Change Scene||About|
|Advanced Office Design Ideas||Advantages Of Office Automation|
|Before You Login To Your Fhtm Back Office||Benefits Of Ergonomic Office Chairs|
|Benefits Of Office Partitioning||Benefits Of Using New Microsoft Office 2007|
|Best Tips To Choose Office Furniture In Vancouver||Bitdefender Small Office Security Review|
|Bodylastics Strong Man Set In My Office||Canadian Law Office Structure|
|Career And Job Opportunities For Office Manager||Cheap Jakarta Office Space Lease|
|Choosing A Family Office||Creating A Global Presence With A Virtual Office|
|Decorate Your Office||Decorating An Office Meeting Room|
|Decorating Your Workplace||Easily Make Id Cards At Home Or Office|
|Erp Solutions Office Automation||Essential Office Supplies Needs|
|Food Ideas For Office Christmas Party||Free Help For Microsoft Office 2010|
|Freeze Panes In Microsoft Office Excel||Great Uses Of Office Scrap Paper|
|Have A Professional Office Solution For Your Andro||Health Risks Of An Office Job|
|How Does An Office Move Affect Employees||How Office Workstations Can Maximise Workflow In Y|
|How To Deal With Office Gossip||How To Enhance Your Office Using Beautiful Confere|
|How To Handle Stress At Office||How To Install Ms Office 2003|
|How To Make Your Office Feel Like Home||How To Set Up Representative Office Ro In Shenzhen|
|How To Stop Office Gossip||Importance Of A Spectacular Reception In An Office|
|Importance Of Comfort In Office Workstations||Importance Of Office Of Disability|
|Importance Of Office Reception Desk||Importance Of Office Uniform|
|Inside Facts About Office Cleaning||It Is Easy To Get A Virtual Office Brooklyn|
|Logistics Of An Office Move||Meaning Behind Modular Office Furniture|
|Medical Scrubs Uniforms For Clinic Or Office||Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus Serial|
|Most Typical Employed Office Supplies||Office Assistant Resume|
|Office Cleaning Tips How To Clean Your Office||Office Environment|
|Office Flirting I Advantages And Disadvantages||Office Furniture Manufacturers|
|Office Furniture Office Desk||Office Furniture Stool And Bench Seating|
|Office Move Schedule||Office Space Manchester Sites For Lease|
|Office Stapler||Overview Of Microsoft Office Mondo 2010|
|Positives And Cons Of Sharing Office Space||Privacy|
|Rules Of Good Office Behavior||Sbt Japan Main Office And Affiliates|
|Setting Up A Small Outsourcing Company Office||Significance Of Business Office Renovation|
|Silk Scarf Beauty Weapon In Office||So Youre Considering A Paperless Office|
|Some Tips On Office Flirting||Tips For Setting Up A New Office Location|
|Tips On Choosing Best Executive Office Furniture||Tips On Choosing Home Office Furniture|
|Top 10 Things To Consider When Moving Office||Utilizing Office Space With Well Planned Furniture|
|Valentines Day At Office||Vastu For Office|
|Want To Set Up A Shenzhen Office In China||Water Damage In Office Buildings|
|What Are Essential Components Of A Successful Offi||What Are Most Essential Office Supplies Needed|
|What Does Afrdi Testing For Office Chairs Mean||What Is Need Of Commercial Office Cleaning Service|
|What Poor Office Air Quality Causes||What To Consider When Moving Office|
|What To Include In An Office Stationery Order||What To Look For When Renting Office Space|
|Who To Turn To If You Need A Serviced Office Space||Why Is Office Renovation Important|
|Why Modern Office Chairs Are A Better Choice||Why To Choose Glass Partitions For Office|
|Why You Should Locate Your Next Office In Bangalor|