It's often said that moving home is one of the most stressful things we do in life. Company removal is right up there with moving home. However, just like moving home the stress level can be kept within manageable limits by the application of some forethought.
1. Why are you moving? It may be because you perceive the need for more space for instance. In that case, you should ask yourself whether moving really is necessary. Could you achieve the same result simply by re-organising and rationalising on equipment? Working from home is common nowadays and introducing working from home and hot desking may reduce the strain on your office space.
No doubt you've thought all that through already but it's worth mentioning because office removal won't come cheap and obviously you need to make sure every penny of expenditure is pulling its weight. Whatever the reason for moving it's important that you've first investigated all the possible alternatives.
2. Planning. Having satisfied yourself that moving office is the right course of action for you at this time, you need to do is some planning. Start early because company removal needs to be planned like a military operation. You'll probably begin by getting in quotes from a number of specialist companies and finding out as much as you can about each of them. Don't forget, especially if you happen to be downsizing, you may have to consider using a storage business as well. Once you've chosen the most suitable contractor for your purpose, and it probably shouldn't simply be the cheapest, you need to organise your end.
3. Move Co-ordinator. Your business mustn't come to a standstill while all this office removal planning is going on so you should appoint one of your staff as move co-ordinator. That way everyone else gets on with the normal business of the office and one person looks after everything to do with the move reporting directly to you. Of course if yours is a one person business it'll have to be you, sorry!
4.Stationery. Company removal invariably means an awful lot of stationery, letterheads etc. will need to be replaced. The earlier you start planning your move the more waste you can avoid by running down stocks. Make sure your order for replacements goes to the printers in good time. If possible get the printers to hold delivery until the move happens so all your new stuff is there ready for you at the new premises, not having to be moved from the old.
5. Services removal. All your telephone and internet services will need to be set up in the new office ready for you to walk in and start using on day one. Will you be able to keep your phone numbers? You, or your move co-ordinator, will need to engage a specialist services Removal Company unless of course your main contractor is looking after this aspect of the job.
6. I T. You need to be sure that on the day you start in the new office you and your staff will be able to sit down at your computers and carry on where you left off as if nothing had changed. Make certain you've got the right people looking after that for you. Some office removal specialists may be able to offer IT relocation and installation as part of the service. If this is something you require, make sure you ask the question before contracting the removal company.
7. Electricity Supply. Without your electricity up and running, nothing will be working so don't assume anything. Make sure it'll be up and running on the day. If you use gas on the premises for heating etc, the same applies, especially if you're moving in January!
8. Advise Existing Clients/Customers of The Move. Make sure that all existing customers and suppliers know where you're going and when.
9. Signage. You'll need to be certain that all necessary signs are in place at the new premises especially if your business involves people visiting your office. They might give up and go elsewhere if they can't find you!
10. Notification of Change of Address. Remember all the other bodies that need to be told you've moved, such as the Post Office, the Inland Revenue, the VAT Office and the local council. Make a checklist of all the contacts you are legally obliged to update with your new address details, and tick them off when you have received confirmation of the address change.
Several of the items listed will probably lead off to other matters that need to be dealt with when you move office or any kind of business premises. For "office" you might read, "factory", "garage", "shop" or "restaurant." If you think you have a lot to think about moving an office just think what it's like moving any of those!
Really whatever the premises the same principles apply. Planning ahead is always the key to success but along with that goes keeping your eye on the ball. Never take it for granted that something's being covered. Check and keep on checking. You'll be a pain in the neck but it'll be worth it in the end!
Cadogan Tate - is one of Britain's leading moving, storage, office relocation and office removal companies. Working with some of the country's best-known and most demanding businesses and institutions, Cadogan Tate have earned a reputation for delivering efficiently planned and executed relocation projects.
Whether you're moving your head office, a single department or the entire organization, Cadogan Tate's staff can manage every element of the process, from pre-move file and IT audits to furniture and IT installations.
Visit www dogantate for more details.
|A Virtual Office To Change Scene||About|
|Advanced Office Design Ideas||Advantages Of Office Automation|
|Before You Login To Your Fhtm Back Office||Benefits Of Ergonomic Office Chairs|
|Benefits Of Office Partitioning||Benefits Of Using New Microsoft Office 2007|
|Best Tips To Choose Office Furniture In Vancouver||Bitdefender Small Office Security Review|
|Bodylastics Strong Man Set In My Office||Canadian Law Office Structure|
|Career And Job Opportunities For Office Manager||Cheap Jakarta Office Space Lease|
|Choosing A Family Office||Creating A Global Presence With A Virtual Office|
|Decorate Your Office||Decorating An Office Meeting Room|
|Decorating Your Workplace||Easily Make Id Cards At Home Or Office|
|Erp Solutions Office Automation||Essential Office Supplies Needs|
|Food Ideas For Office Christmas Party||Free Help For Microsoft Office 2010|
|Freeze Panes In Microsoft Office Excel||Great Uses Of Office Scrap Paper|
|Have A Professional Office Solution For Your Andro||Health Risks Of An Office Job|
|How Does An Office Move Affect Employees||How Office Workstations Can Maximise Workflow In Y|
|How To Deal With Office Gossip||How To Enhance Your Office Using Beautiful Confere|
|How To Handle Stress At Office||How To Install Ms Office 2003|
|How To Make Your Office Feel Like Home||How To Set Up Representative Office Ro In Shenzhen|
|How To Stop Office Gossip||Importance Of A Spectacular Reception In An Office|
|Importance Of Comfort In Office Workstations||Importance Of Office Of Disability|
|Importance Of Office Reception Desk||Importance Of Office Uniform|
|Inside Facts About Office Cleaning||It Is Easy To Get A Virtual Office Brooklyn|
|Logistics Of An Office Move||Meaning Behind Modular Office Furniture|
|Medical Scrubs Uniforms For Clinic Or Office||Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus Serial|
|Most Typical Employed Office Supplies||Office Assistant Resume|
|Office Cleaning Tips How To Clean Your Office||Office Environment|
|Office Flirting I Advantages And Disadvantages||Office Furniture Manufacturers|
|Office Furniture Office Desk||Office Furniture Stool And Bench Seating|
|Office Move Schedule||Office Space Manchester Sites For Lease|
|Office Stapler||Overview Of Microsoft Office Mondo 2010|
|Positives And Cons Of Sharing Office Space||Privacy|
|Rules Of Good Office Behavior||Sbt Japan Main Office And Affiliates|
|Setting Up A Small Outsourcing Company Office||Significance Of Business Office Renovation|
|Silk Scarf Beauty Weapon In Office||So Youre Considering A Paperless Office|
|Some Tips On Office Flirting||Tips For Setting Up A New Office Location|
|Tips On Choosing Best Executive Office Furniture||Tips On Choosing Home Office Furniture|
|Top 10 Things To Consider When Moving Office||Utilizing Office Space With Well Planned Furniture|
|Valentines Day At Office||Vastu For Office|
|Want To Set Up A Shenzhen Office In China||Water Damage In Office Buildings|
|What Are Essential Components Of A Successful Offi||What Are Most Essential Office Supplies Needed|
|What Does Afrdi Testing For Office Chairs Mean||What Is Need Of Commercial Office Cleaning Service|
|What Poor Office Air Quality Causes||What To Consider When Moving Office|
|What To Include In An Office Stationery Order||What To Look For When Renting Office Space|
|Who To Turn To If You Need A Serviced Office Space||Why Is Office Renovation Important|
|Why Modern Office Chairs Are A Better Choice||Why To Choose Glass Partitions For Office|
|Why You Should Locate Your Next Office In Bangalor|